Are you ready for some fun? Your pool is complete. The construction crews have left. The sun is shining. There is only one thing left to do – enjoy it! From pool parties to early morning exercise to a quiet evening at home, your new backyard oasis is the perfect place for entertaining, relaxing and enjoying life.
Helping you enjoy your new lifestyle
Indulging in your new, distinguished lifestyle is just one of the serendipities attributed to owning pools and spas. After the all the decisions have been made, your design and style have been finalized, and installation is complete, Quality Pools wants you to enjoy your personal oasis free from worry and concern. We continue our care by servicing your system so that its beauty and functionality may be maintained for many fun-filled years to come.
The following tips are courtesy of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals.
Responsible Adult Supervision is Key
There should always be an adult designated to maintain constant visual contact with children whenever they are near, or could get near, any body of water.
An exposed suction outlet (drain) presents a serious danger to children and adults. All drains must be protected by an approved cover. If any outlet cover is broken, loose, or missing, you should close the pool immediately and contact an industry professional to make the necessary repairs. For more information on how to prevent entrapment injuries, or to learn whether your pool or spa has the proper approved covers, contact an industry professionial or the APSP.
Layers of Protection
In addition to supervision, APSP supports the concept of “layers of protection.” This means the pool, spa, or hot tub is equipped with several devices to delay unsupervised access or warn of a child’s presence. Following are some options for protecting children and preventing accidents:
- Fencing: Isolate the swimming pool with a minimum four-foot-high enclosure.
- Safety Covers: An impenetrable covering that completely covers the pool, spa, or hot tub will prevent access to the water when there is not supervision.
- Alarms: Alarms are available for doors, fences, in pools, and as a clip-on for children. Alarms detect unwanted entrances to your pool, spa, or hot tub.
- Rope and Float Line: Place these across your pool to alert swimmers to the separation of the deep end from the shallow end of the pool.
- Rescue Equipment: Equipment such as a life ring and shepherd’s hook should be placed near the pool in an easily accessible spot.
- Posted Emergency Information: Post all CPR, other emergency information, and warning signs, as well as the emergency phone number – 911 – near the pool, spa, or hot tub.
- Outside Telephone: Be sure to have a telephone in case you need to summon help.
It is known by many names: water aerobics, aquatic therapy, treading water and swimming laps to name a few, but they all mean the same thing – a healthier you! Many land exercises can be hard on your muscles and joints. Exercising in water can provide relief to your aching body. The water supports your body weight and provides resistance for muscle strengthening while swimming and water aerobics provide great cardio-vascular, low impact workouts. Swimming also burns lots of calories, the average person will burn 900 calories per hour while swimming.
A swimming pool can be intimidating and overwhelming for new owners; however, we are here to help. If you prefer to maintain the pool yourself we will provide a show ‘n tell to give you an idea of how the pool equipment operates, how to keep the pool clean and how and when to add chemicals. We recommend that new owners create a routine until they are comfortable with how the pool operates. This routine should include…
- Test the water every day
- Clean out the pump and skimmer baskets
- Check over the equipment to make sure everything is operating properly
- Vacuum the pool to remove leaves and other debris
- Backwash the sand filter or clean the cartridge filter
After a few weeks you will lean how your pool operates and be able to adjust the frequency of the above routine to an as needed basis. If you need help our showroom is stocked with a full line of pool and spa chemicals and also has a complete water testing station on which we can test your water and provide a personalized readout of results.
If you only want to enjoy the pool, we provide a professionally trained service staff to meet your needs ranging from weekly service to equipment repair and replacement.
Contact us today!
Learn more about making your family’s dream of owning a swimming pool or spa come true and contact Quality Pools today. Our professional and knowledgeable staff are here to answer any questions.